Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups – classic dish with a twist! Spinach lasagna roll ups are easy, delicious, elegant and fun to eat!
It’s the end of January and I have Valentine’s Day and our Anniversary on my mind. I am in full prep mode for our special month. Our favorite dishes will happen and the desserts that we love. One of our favorite foods is definitely lasagna. We love Italian food and lasagna seems to be the most popular dish. Today, we are taking it to a new level. With just a simple twist, our lasagna turns into elegant roll ups that are perfect to be served for a romantic meal or celebratory family dinner. It’s so easy, you can make it on a week night or during a lazy weekend!
Elegant meals require elegant bakeware. Enter REVOL, the manufacturer of gorgeous porcelain bakeware from France. Revol just launched their US website and I am joining in on the celebration! I mentioned Revol product in one of my previous gift guides. I love their porcelain slate grilling board. It’s gorgeous and so much easier to care for than real slate. This time, I went for a stunning classic baker, the 13″ x 9″ Belle Cuisine white rectangular dish, that is sure to be a timeless piece in any kitchen. If you are looking to update your bakeware or need a gorgeous piece for your bridal shower wish list – you need this piece!
Lasagna roll ups are so easy to make and to show you just how easy, we created a video! Check it our on our new YouTube channel! Don’t forget to subscribe!
These lasagna roll ups are so elegant yet so easy to make. If you want to impress your loved one or make a bit of a fancy dinner for your family to celebrate a special moment, add this recipe to your menu. Pair it with a simple green salad and a side of our One-Hour Skillet Focaccia for one satisfying meal that everyone will love.
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 8 oz . ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups and 1/2 crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz . ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 leaves handfuls fresh spinach about 2 cups
- 2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup and 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Add salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano. Stir in. Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Stir in. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, stir in and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Remove meat sauce from heat. Spread 4 to 5 tablespoons or sauce on the bottom of a 13" x 9" casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and egg. Stir until smooth. Add spinach and stir in. Reserve half a cup of mozzarella and half a cup of Parmesan for topping. Add the rest of both cheeses to ricotta mixture and stir in. The mixture should be thick.
- Cook noodles (according to package instructions) until al dente.
- Place cooked noodles on a large baking sheet. Place 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture on each noodle. Spread with an offset spatula or a spoon.
- Top with 1 tablespoon or so of meat sauce. Keep it away from the edges of noodles, for neat roll ups.
- Roll each noodle and place in prepared casserole dish.
- Top each roll up with about a tablespoon or remaining cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Top with reserves mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover loosely with foil ( make sure it does not touch the toppings) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and let stand in room temperature for 10 minutes.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet and @revol_usa so we can check it out!
Disclaimer: This post is sposnored by Revol. Thank you for supporting brands that I love and that make this blog possible. All text, opinion and photos are 100% my own.