Creamy Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes – save time and space and make the best mashed potatoes right in your crock pot! Creamy, garlicky and pure comfort food!
Holiday season is the busiest season of them all, not only for us food bloggers, but for everyone. It seems like there is so many errands to run, so many events to plan and attend, so many gifts to make and buy. The two days before the holiday, kitchen is filled with dishes everywhere and ingredients covering your countertops. This holiday season, I want you to have the shortcuts to make your favorite holiday dishes. See my Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing and the Pumpkin French Toast Bake that you can make the night before or the super easy Roasted Carrots.
Mashed potatoes are right there with stuffing for me. Pure comfort food! I grew up on mashed potatoes and love them with a drizzle of melted butter and a sprinkle of fresh dill or green onions. So good!
Slow cooker is one of my favorite appliances to use on busy days. I love how you can just combine the ingredients, set it and forget it. Let’s not forget the garlic! I always add minced garlic to mashed potatoes. May I just say, roasted garlic is even better!
The fact that I can make mashed potatoes in my slow cooker and just mash them or whip them just before serving – love it! It saves me stove top space to make the gravy and cranberry sauce.
For 3 lbs of potatoes (I used yellow potatoes because they are so buttery), I use 1 cup of liquid: 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth (it has more flavor than stock) and 1/2 cup whole milk. After the potatoes are cooked, all you need to do is mash them up and add more liquid if needed. My Hubby loves super whipped, fluffy mashed potatoes so I use my hand mixer to “mash” them. It’s fool-proof for getting the silkiest, smoothest mashed potatoes! Enjoy, friends!
- 3 lbs potatoes washed, peeled and cut into large chunks, I used yellow
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk if needed
- Grease slow cooker with butter or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place potato chunks in the slow cooker.
- Add broth and milk. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and set to cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- When done, add sour cream and butter and mash the potatoes.
- Add more liquid as needed.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh, chopped chives, dill or parsley.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!