Easy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Baby Carrots – roasting carrots brings out their sweetness and rich flavor! Adding garlic, Parmesan and oregano makes them irresistible!
Hands down, my favorite way to cook veggies is to roast them in the oven. There is nothing easier than tossing veggies with olive oil and spices and baking them in the oven. Forget steaming! Roasting brings the best in veggies!
Steamed veggies are healthy but many times tasteless. When you are a mom trying hard every day to make your kids love vegetables, you need healthy options that come with tons of flavor the kids won’t resist! It will teach them that veggies are great, you just need to prepare them the right way.
I love roasting veggies on my Silpat baking mats! They are so easy to clean up and transfer the heat evenly.
My kids love snacking on baby carrots through out the day and occasionally dip them in ranch dressing. When it comes to dinner time, they are often left on their plates. Since fall brings a bountiful of veggies to our menu, especially root vegetables, I am trying to find ways to enjoy them. I am known to add baby carrots to smoothies (they are sweet and so healthy!) but roasting them is definitely my favorite way to make them. I simply make our favorite flavor combo, garlic and Parmesan, toss it with olive oil and pour over the carrots. After 30 minutes in the oven, they are soft, perfectly roasted and absolutely delicious! While the veggies cool, just before serving, I like to add a tablespoon of melted butter to keep the carrots from drying and also to make them buttery. I’ve roasted Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower florets the same way. Like I said, roasted veggies are our favorite!
- 1 16 oz . bag baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat (I used Silpat) or parchment paper.
- Pat carrots dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and spices (except butter) to carrots and toss gently to coat.
- Spread carrots in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Pour any oil remaining in the bowl, over the veggies.
- Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes OR until soft and hot.
- Place carrots in a serving dish, add melted butter and gently toss to coat. (see note)
- Cool carrots for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!