Graham Cracker Toffee Bark – you need only 5 ingredients to make this fantastic treat! Chocolate, toffee and nuts over graham crackers – this can’t be easier!
Today is a very special day in our food blogging community. It’s a National Chocolate Day and the day we are remembering a true chocolate lover.
Last week, our community lost Joan, the creator of Chocolate Chocolate and More blog. Joan passed away in her sleep from a heart attack. We were left stunned and in tears, hoping it was a mistake and not true. Joan was a true dessert lover and you can see her passion on every page of her blog. It is filled with decadent chocolate desserts but also love for her fellow food bloggers. I knew Joan only through our online conversations but I can tell you that she was one of the sweetest people and always willing to help and support.
Today, we are honoring one of us and what better way to do it than with chocolate. We are missing our friend and raising chocolate instead of drinks while remembering her. Joan’s passing was unexpected and made me even more grateful for each day I have with my family. Hug your loved ones not just today but everyday.
I think Joan would approve of this recipe. It’s one of our favorite treats to make during the holiday season. It’s great to munch on and get your sweet fix but also perfect to pack for family and friends because desserts are made to share with those you love. Wrapped in cellophane bags, this toffee would be a great gift for the holidays. The recipes is so easy to remember, you will end up making it over and over.
10 minPrep Time
9 minCook Time
2 hr, 30 Total Time
- 14 sheets of graham crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 11" x 15" pan with aluminum foil.
- Arrange crackers on the sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour over crackers, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until the mixture bubbles. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes, spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle nuts over the chocolate layer.
- Let toffee bark sit for 2 hours to harden.
- Break or cut into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Joan’s blog was her business and and income source for her family. Her three children will continue to receive it and we are asking you to visit her blog, pin her fabulous recipes and make them and share with your loved ones.
My Favorite Chocolate Desserts from Joan’s blog:
Visit my food blogging friends and read their tribute posts:
Crazy For Crust – 8 Incredible Chocolate Desserts
Barefeet in the Kitchen – Lunch Lady Brownies
Recipe Girl – Candy Bar Pie
In Katrina’s Kitchen – Chocolate Truffle Dip
Tidy Mom – Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Love From The Oven – Easy Brownie Pie
Life Love and Sugar – Turtle Chocolate Layer Cake
Wine and Glue – Chocolate Pretzel Bread Pudding