Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – delicious pumpkin bread with a perfect balance of spices and chocolate chips through out. So easy and bakes up perfectly every time!
Even though the temperatures outside still feel like summer, the fall is here and I am baking all things pumpkin. As soon as you feel like you need to break out your loaf pan and a can of pumpkin puree (don’t forget THIS spice mix!! It’s the best! ) and bake this bread. It’s crazy good and it will definitely put you in a fall baking mood. I made a few loaves and muffins all in one day! I was on a roll!
Moist pumpkin bread with the perfect balance of spices and chocolate chips through out makes for a great treat. I enjoyed a slice with my morning coffee and it was fantastic! The chocolate chips fill each slice without any of them sinking to the bottom. There is a very simple trick for that!
I always always always do that with my baked goods when adding chocolate chips. The trick is to add the chocolate chips to the dry ingredients just before mixing in the wet ingredients. Stir it the chips with flour mixture and make sure to coat them well. That prevents the chips from sinking to the bottom. Bam! Each slice filled with chocolate from top to bottom!
I also like to reserve a few chips to sprinkle on top of the batter, just before placing the loaf pan in the oven.
This recipe is my go to for a pumpkin bread and it always bakes up beautifully! We are talking domed top with a slight crack, moist with a nice crumb that let’s you cut nice slices without the whole loaf falling apart. It’s perfect!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup oil (canola vegetable or coconut)
- 1/4 cup plain or Greek yogurt you can also use sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9" by 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice).
- Add chocolate chips and stir in until coated.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Cool the bread in the pan to room temperature. Place on a cutting board, slice and serve.
To freeze: wrap tightly in plastic wrap, place in a ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!