Lava Flow Green Smoothie – the solution to enjoying your daily green smoothie! Make it lava-flow style! The frozen strawberry layer creates a lava effect that’s so fun! No more boring green smoothies!
If you are following me on Instagram, you know I am obsessed with my daily smoothies. I go between my beet and berries smoothie and my green smoothie. They are a part of my daily routine and I can’t imagine my days without them. They are packed with everything my body is craving, especially on busy or stressful days. But if you have a routine, you know that it can get boring. If you ever found yourself being tired of the same ol’ veggie+fruit mix in your blender, I have just the thing for you.
Lava flow smoothie.
I usually make my smoothie just after noon, to prevent the coffee crush from my morning cup of joe. It levels my energy and regulates the iron levels. It also fills me up so I don’t crave bad snacks. I am obsessed with my smoothies and since I learned the lava-flow style, it makes it super fun and my kids love them! I use my beloved Blendtec blender and switch between the wide side jar for the main green base and the twist jar for the strawberry layer. By the way, if you don’t have a Blendtec blender but would LOVE to win one – there is a giveaway happening right now and you enter to win! Click HERE to go to the giveaway!
The lava-flow smoothie is such a fun idea, I recommend playing around with it. Use different berries for different color layers or use two for two-tone lava! It’s all healthy ingredients for you so why now have a little fun while nourishing your body.
- 2 cups fresh spinach loosely packed
- 1 apple or peach cored or pitted and quartered
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup purified water or coconut water
- 1 cup strawberries frozen or at least half-frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all green layer ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Rinse blender jar. Place red layer ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Using a spoon, add the red layer over the green layer in your smoothie glasses. I spooned the strawberry layer close to the edge of the glass and pushed it down with a straw, to create the lava effect.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Q: Are smoothies a part of your daily routine?