Jalapeno Popper Bacon Cheese Ball – super easy appetizer that takes only 20 minutes to make! Packed with cheese, spicy peppers and bacon – this is the ultimate cheese ball!
Cheese, bacon and jalapenos. Can a cheese ball get any better? Not really.
This recipe is for all of you that will be watching football while the turkey roasts to perfection. While your Thanksgiving dinner menu might be all planned and the turkey is thawing, you still may need a last minute appetizer to satisfy the hunger of your guests.
So here it is. It’s the ultimate cheese ball, if you like. There is cheese (duh), spices for taste and heat, peppers and bacon for flavor and texture.
Just like with the Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip, Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread, Hot Corn and Bacon Dip and others – this recipe is my Hubby’s creation. I can just ask him what should we make the cheese ball with and he will have an idea for the whole thing in 2 seconds flat. And it always works and it’s always absolutely fantastic! He knows how to make the savory appetizers work!
The spices, the heat from cayenne and jalapenos and the crispy bacon – it all makes for a perfectly balanced appetizer in flavor and textures. This ball was gone in a flash.
The fact that you can make it in just around 20 minutes should instantly put it on your to-make list. You need this easy appetizer recipe! Mix everything in a bowl, shape into a ball, roll in bacon, peppers and crushed crackers and chill until ready to serve (at least 10 minutes).
I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving, sweet friends!
- 1 8 oz . package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons sliced pickled jalapenos chopped
- 5 slices bacon cooked to crispy (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, black pepper and salt.
- Add cheddar cheese and chopped jalapenos. Stir in well.
- Place a 8" square sheet of saran wrap on cutting board. Place the cream cheese mixture on the saran wrap. Gather the corners of the wrap piece and shape the cheese mixture into a ball.
- Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- In the meantime, book and chop bacon (see note), crush few crackers and chop the additional 2 tablespoons of jalapenos.
- Remove the cheese ball from wrap and place on top of the crushed toppings. Gently roll in the bacon, cracker and pepper pieces, to cover the surface completely.
- Place the cheese ball on a serving plate, arrange crackers around it.
To easily cook bacon: place bacon slices on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until perfectly crispy.
Let cool for 5 minutes, transfer onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain. Place on cutting board, roughly chop.
Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com