Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies – my favorite cookies of late! Soft yet chewy. The orange-chocolate combo is irresistible! Also, enter to win a Microplane Zester and a stand mixer attachment from BeaterBlade!
It took me three times to take good photos of these cookies. Ugh, the winter light… One of those things I loathe about cold season. The dark and cloudy days.
Not only was I chasing the light but in the same time I was running out of cookies because my kids keep sneaking in to grab one and run for it! It was a challenge but I think I made it. And honestly, I don’t blame them. These cookies are so good! My favorite of late, actually.
Personally, I would add more orange zest and more chocolate next time. I know the cookie dough can handle it and the flavors would be even more pronounced.
It has a cover that also makes for a measuring tool. Great for grating cheese for pasta dishes!
Ooh, I love the scent of freshly grated orange zest!
My other new favorite tool is the Beater Blade for my KitchenAid mixer! It is created to scrape the bowl as you cream the butter with sugar or mix the cookie dough. No more stopping to scrape the bowl manually! Saving time is always welcomed in my kitchen! It fits KitchenAid®, Cuisinart™, Viking® and Kenwood® stand mixers and it’s made in the U.S.
Just look at that perfectly mixed cookie dough! And boy, is it good raw!!
Then the only thing left to do is to bake the cookies. I made one batch with freshly made dough and the cookies were puffy, soft and chewy. Perfect! I chilled the rest of the dough and baked it the following day. Still puffed up and chewy cookies, yet the edges were slightly more crunchy. I places a few chocolate pieces on top of the cookie dough mounds for this effect:
Yields about 3 dozen
Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies - soft and chewy cookies packed with citrus and chocolate!
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c granulated (white) sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- zest from half of orange
- 4oz. dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add both sugars and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, soda, salt and cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until almost incorporated.
- Add zest and chocolate and mix until the flour is well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough into 1,5 Tbsp size mounds onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- If the cookies spread too much, chill the dough for 1 hour to 24 hours.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on the sheet, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
Recipe source: Crunchy Creamy Sweet
To enter the giveaway, use the rafflecopter widget below. It may be a little slow, so please, be patient. Good luck!!
Disclosure: One winner will be selected. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. No P.O. boxes, please. Must be 18 or older to enter. This giveaway is sponsored by Anolon and Wusthof. I have not been compensated for this post. I received both tools to try and keep.