Holiday Oreo Cookie Balls – one of the most popular holiday treats! Easy and delicious – bound to become a hit!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Tis’ the season to holiday parties! And easy treats to bring along. 🙂
Oreo cookie balls just have to be one of the easiest to make and are sure to please the crowd. They are so fun to make that I actually let my girls do the work. I crushed the Oreos and mixed them with cream cheese in my food processor and my girls did the rolling, dipping and decorating.
After enjoying these famous sandwich cookies straight from the box of course. You can’t just buy Oreos and not eat them. Separating the cookies, eating the filling and dipping the cookies in milk that is.
There are so many Oreos available in stores today that I stood in the store for quite a while having a hard time deciding which kind to go with. In the end the Chocolate Creme won. And boy, are they good!
So you can kind of say these cookie balls are triple chocolate. Two in the filling and one in the coating. Triple treat! Triple the fun!
We used the original recipe for Oreo cookie balls. For the holidays, we sprinkled them with crushed peppermint candy and red decorating sugar.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 36 OREO cookies finely crushed
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp shortening or butter
- Crush OREO cookies in food processor until fine.
- Add cream cheese and process until all well combined into a smooth dough.
- Scoop the dough with a small cookie scoop to make 48 one inch balls.
- Place balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and chill for 1 hr or freeze for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate (add shortening or butter if usinover a double boiler.
- Dip cold cookie balls into melted chocolate lifting with two forks.
- Place back on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy or decorating sugar.
- Let chill for 1 hour or until the chocolate hardens.