Cranberry Bread recipe – quick and easy sweet bread with whole cranberries. Delicious along with a cup of coffee or tea or a wonderful holiday gift!
This post is updated November 2016 with new text and photos.
One of my first and favorite things to bake as soon as cranberries show up in the store, is this sweet bread. It’s quick, easy and so so delicious! I love a slice with my afternoon tea or coffee. It’s great to pack in lunchboxes, wrap with festive ribbon and gift give for the holidays or bake a couple of loaves for friends.
This Cranberry Bread is sweet, the crumb is soft and can be jazzed up with orange zest, pecans or chocolate chunks. One loaf is never enough as this treat disappears quickly!
I always stock up on cranberries, especially after the holidays when they are on sale so I can make this bread through winter and spring. It’s so good, I always end up making two loaves. One is just never enough! It’s just that good!
Aside from gift shopping and baking cookies for your holiday cookie plate, there is also a need for baked goods to share. To share with family, friends and neighbors. Quick breads belong to the category of easy baked goods that are simple to make and give. And will always be appreciated.
Actually, while we are on jam – I think a jar of homemade cranberry jam and a loaf of this sweet bread would be a fabulous holiday gift!
Check out our video to see how easy it is to make this sweet bread! Follow us on YouTube for more videos, especially our Sweet Holidays series!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR BAKING BOARD ON PINTEREST.
CLICK HERE TO SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp and 1/2 baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c fresh cranberries chopped
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 c granulated sugar
- Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with aluminum foil. Butter the bottom and sides of the foil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add chopped cranberries and stir to distribute.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, vanilla, oil and sugar.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Few flour lumps are okay.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake bread for 33 to 38 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in few places in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!