Festive crumb bars for the holidays: White Chocolate Cranberry Crumb Bars! So so good, you have to try them!
I have been super anxious to share this recipe with you! They are my favorite bars of late! White chocolate and cranberry jam sandwiched together between my very favorite crumb bars crust and topping. They are so easy to make and so festive that I think they would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert platter.
I adapted my Sour Cream Crumb Bars recipe to make this holiday version. I swapped granulated sugar for the brown sugar, added melted chocolate to the filling and added my Homemade Cranberry Jam. The result was fantastic! I think I really nailed the amount of white chocolate in the filling. It is so easy to over do it with this type of chocolate and make the dessert too sweet. But the filling in these bars is just right! Perfectly sweet to cut the tart flavor from the cranberries.
I noted in the recipe that you should refrigerate the bars before cutting. This helps with getting perfect squares. However, you can just cool them to room temperature and eat while still slightly warm. They are so scrumptious this way!
White Chocolate Cranberry Crumb Bars Recipe
for the crust and topping:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted, cool to room temperature
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the filling:
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 c white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c cranberry jam (I used my Homemade Cranberry Jam)
- Prepare the 8" square pan: line pan with parchment paper of aluminum foil, grease the bottom and the sides of the foil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
to make the crust:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, soda and salt and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a smooth dough.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the dough for topping.
- Press the remaining dough into the bottom of your prepared pan.
to make the filling:
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Let cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream and sugar.
- Add melted white chocolate in 3 parts, whisking well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and egg and whisk well.
- Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Place tablespoons of cranberry jam over the filling, spreading gently.
- Crumble the reserved topping in your hands and sprinkle over the jam.
- Bake the bars for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top. It can slightly jiggle in the middle. The bars will set as they cool.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes if you want to have more even slices.
Copyright 2011-2013 CrunchyCreamySweet.com
My other crumb bars recipes:
Sour Cream Crumb Bars
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars
Frosted Chocolate Chip Yogurt Crumb Bars
Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars
Caramel Apple Crumb Bars