Peanut butter and Jelly Cookies to enjoy one of the most popular flavor combination! This super easy recipe for the best sandwich cookies will quickly become your family’s favorite!
Knowing my kids obsession with anything peanut butter & jelly, I should have expected that these cookies will be a hit in our family. My Hubby and I and my In-Laws are huge fans of this combo too. So you can only imagine how fast these sandwich cookies disappeared!
These are so far the best peanut butter sandwich cookies I have ever made or tried. And the filling itself is so good, you will want to save some to eat it with a spoon!
They are a perfect after-school snack or a sweet surprise for lunch boxes. And if you are an adult, let your inner kid out and enjoy these too!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup jelly of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together both butters until smooth. Add both sugars and beat until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture.
- Stir in oats with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop a tablespoon size mounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet and flatten gently with a back of the spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool cookies on the sheet for 1 minute, then gently transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of the filling on half of the cookies.
- Spread the jelly on the other half of the cookies. Place them on the peanut butter filling topped cookies.