Folks, it’s August.
a) summer has flown by
b) fall will be here before we know it
c) I can finally start thinking about fall food!
Enter Glazed Cinnamon Sugar Loaf Cake made with Chobani Greek Yogurt.
I happen to love baking with Greek yogurt. Did you know you can sub it for butter, eggs, oil or sour cream in your cooking and baking? This conversion chart from Chobani comes very handy when you want to lighten up your recipe.
I received a case of Chobani Greek yogurt to try in my recipes and boy, was that fun! I used it before in my Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins and these Yogurt Lime Muffins. But I was anxious to try it in a loaf cake and since I’ve been having fall flavors on my mind, this Cinnamon Sugar Loaf Cake came about.
The combination of spices will put you in the mood for fall. It will definitely make your house smell amazing! I substituted the fat (butter or oil) you would find in a traditional recipe, with the Greek yogurt and I was still able to get a deliciously fluffy loaf!
The cinnamon and brown sugar ribbon in the middle is a nice and sweet surprise in every slice.
Remember these scones from the newest RecipeGirl cookbook I featured? The glaze was amazing and I knew I will be making it again. It happened to be the perfect finishing touch for this loaf cake! You will love it!
It is going to make you happy along a cup of hot coffee in the chilly mornings this fall. The perfect combination of cinnamon, cloves, ginger and brown sugar makes this loaf not only very fragrant but also super comforting. So don’t wait, save this recipe. You won’t be sorry.
Yields 1 loaf
Get ready for fall with this Glazed Cinnamon Sugar Loaf Cake! It has no butter or oil, it's made with Greek yogurt and it's fabulous with a hot cup of coffee or tea!
15 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c Greek yogurt (I used 2% Plain Chobani)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8"x5" loaf pan. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves). Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and mix again.
- Add yogurt and gently whisk in.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Add the milk and fold in gently until combined.
- Spread half the batter in the pan.
- Mix the brown sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the half of the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter on top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk sugar and cinnamon. Add enough milk to make it drizzling consistency.
- Pour over completely cooled cake.