This post is brought to you by Hellmann’s®, as a part of their 100th Birthday Celebration. All opinions are 100% my own.
Happy Monday, my peeps! I hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Today I am sharing a burger recipe that my Husband and I made just recently for Hellmann’s® 100th Birthday celebration. Let me just tell you, it was one of the most fun projects I’ve done for the blog. I got to work with my Hubby on it from start to finish. From the brainstorming of our own twist on the recipe to the last bite of the finished burger. It was fun and delicious!
Hellmann’s® has been proudly bringing the best to America’s tables, using only the best ingredients, like oil, vinegar and now cage-free eggs.
You can join the fun too! Just visit Facebook.com/Hellmanns to watch Mario share his modern twist on some of Hellmann’s® classic recipes and enter for a chance to win a seat at the Blue Ribbon table in NYC for Hellmann’s 100th Birthday celebration.
So let’s talk about those burgers, shall we?
First we made Mario Batali’s version, simple burger topped with salsa. It was amazing! Then we came up with our own twist on it. We happen to be huge fans of Mexican or any south-of-the-border food. So we decided to amp up the flavors in that direction. We added pureed mango and lime juice to the salsa and an additional squeeze of lime juice over the grilled burger just before serving. And….. one of the best burgers was born! My Hubby had the honor of taking the first bite and I could tell right away that he loved it. The addition of mango and lime give the salsa an unexpected pop of flavor.
We used our favorite store-bought salsa in this recipe. We are still working on our own salsa to share with you. Besides, everyone has it’s their preference when it comes to the level of heat in their salsa. So use the kind you like. To keep the salsa, a little chunky, add already pureed mango, instead of pureeing it all together in a food processor. Add the lime juice and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then add a few tablespoons to your burger meat, along with Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise, mix it all together, shape into 4 patties and place them onto a parchment paper -lined baking sheet. Then freeze. We always pop the burger patties into a freezer while the grill preheats.
After your burgers are grilled, let them sit for 10 minutes. In the meantime, spread some Hellmann’s Original Mayo onto the top and bottom of your hamburger buns and throw them on the grill for about 3 to 4 minutes. Just not over the flames! Then it’s time to assemble the burger! Spread some more Hellmann’s onto the grilled bottom of the bun, top with the burger, squeeze some lime juice over it, top with salsa and the top part of the bun.
These burgers are so perfectly juicy thanks to the addition of the Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and the salsa. You will love them! We sure did. 🙂
Yields 4 burgers
Looking for a new burger idea to wake up your taste buds? These Mango Lime Salsa Burgers are just the right thing!
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3 Tbsp Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp mango lime salsa (recipe follows)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 1/2 mango, pureed in food processor
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 c prepared store-bought or homemade salsa
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Divide into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a patty. Place all burger patties on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer while the grill preheats.
- Grill the burger patties according to your preferences. Let sit on a plate for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, spread about half of a tablespoon of Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise onto both parts of your burger bun. Place on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not place over direct flames!
- Top the bottom part of your burger bun with Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, top with grilled burger, squeeze lime juice over the patty, top with mango lime salsa, finish off with the top part of the burger bun.
- Serve immediately.
Remember you can join the celebration and make your own version of Mario Batali’s recipe. Visit Facebook.com/Hellmanns to watch Mario share his modern twist on some of Hellmann’s® classic recipes and enter for a chance to win a seat at the Blue Ribbon table in NYC for Hellmann’s 100th Birthday celebration.