There is still time to enter our Le Creuset giveaway! You can win a set of 4 mini cocottes with a cookbook!
Raise your hand if you are ready for Spring? That’s what I thought. I am too. In fact, I am so ready for Spring that I decided to fight the Winter blues and start a new event here on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. Let’s call it the “Spring Fever”!!!
For the next couple of weeks, you will see easy breakfast ideas, lighter desserts and fresh Springy recipes to bring more sunshine and joy to our lives. We also have a huge giveaway planned. Like the biggest ever on CCS!! So make sure you check back often or best yet, sign up for updates. And just so you know, I am not putting chocolate away. So what do you say? Shall we get it started?
Take these muffins for example. Just the name itself makes you smile!
Good Morning Muffins. Easy to whip up, quick to bake and oh-so-delicious! Topped with a super easy streusel. You can skip it or use a glaze like this lime glaze or this peanut butter one. We all need an easy muffin recipe that will never fail you. And this one is just that.
Add a big mug of your morning cup of joe and you are off to a good start.
- 1and 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/4 c canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter ( cold or room temperature - see note )
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease the top of your muffin pan. Line it with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, sugar, baking powder and salt ). Make a well in the center. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. Add it all at once to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix! The batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
For crunchy streusel: use cold butter. For softer streusel that will melt on top of your muffins: use room temperature, softened butter.
Copyright 2011-2013 CrunchyCreamySweet.com
This post contains affiliate links.
Other muffin recipes you might like:
Yogurt Muffins with Lime Glaze
Donut Muffins with Peanut Butter Glaze
Make sure you stop by today. I have a very exciting announcement!
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Crunchy Creamy Sweet and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.