Welcome to day thirteen of our Valentine’s Day Celebration event! Today I have the last but not least guest post for you. I invited Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake to share a Valentine’s Day dessert with us.
She brought a Fluffy Chocolate Dessert that will leave you speechless. It’s creamy, it’s sweet and it’s delicious!
Liz and I met shortly after I started my blog. She was my mentor, if I may say so. Her posts are always full of tips and I have learned a great deal about baking from her. I always enjoy her Tuesday’s with Dorie where she shares French dishes. Liz has a wide array of treats and dishes. She has something for everyone. She belongs to many bloggers groups, she treats her book club to some amazing desserts and leaves us all wishing we could belong to it too! She is generous, funny and kind. I love her Better Than Miky Way Bars, her Heath Bar Blondies and her Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Shortbread. We both love white chocolate and cranberries. Lots in common as you can see.
I asked Liz few questions and this is what she said…..
1. I started blogging because….baking has always been my passion and I wanted to share my favorite treats and sweets.
2. My favorite thing I’ve made and shared on my blog is….my Caramel Toffee Cheesecake. It was one of the most decadent desserts I’ve ever made. Even though the pictures weren’t top notch, it was picked up and shared by the Huffington Post. That was a thrill.
3. Top 3 things on my blog bucket list for this year are….gosh, that’s a tough one…mastering homemade pasta is all that comes to mind!
4. My favorite ingredient to bake/cook with is….white chocolate!
5. My plans for Valentine’s Day are…..just a quiet dinner at home. I think I’ll bake a flourless chocolate cake for the hubby.
It is my sincere pleasure to guest post for my sweet, sweet friend, Anna, today! This is the place you want to be on Valentine’s Day. Anna always has some sort of deliciousness to share…so I decided to serve up a dessert that’s crunchy, creamy and sweet with you all.
Back to the dessert. A foodie friend shared a photo for “Chocolate Yummy” from Epicurious. Well, I took one look and had to track down the recipe. I didn’t tweak it much at all…this dessert was decadent perfection already. The vanilla was added or upped in most layers and I used more powdered sugar in my whipped cream topping. Let me tell you, this is one heavenly dessert. Even my picky daughter approved. I hope you’ll make this for your Valentine!!! Thanks so much, Anna, for having me celebrate Valentine’s week with you and your other wonderful guests! xoxo
Doesn’t this look amazing? Don’t you just want to show up at Lizzy’s door with a fork in your hand? I do. Every time I visit her site.
Thank you so much, sweet Lizzy, for this amazing treat and for this fabulous guest post! xoxo
Tomorrow is the big finale of our Valentine’s Day Celebration event!!! You do not want to miss it!!! See you then.
In the meantime, you can follow our Pinterest board where you will find all the treats from the event!