Welcome to day nine of our Valentine’s Day Celebration event! As you have noticed, we haven’t stopped indulging in chocolate and today’s treat has even more of it. And whipped cream. And strawberry hearts. But let’s start from the beginning.
Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts.
Mini treats that are small in size yet truly decadent are perfect for celebrations ( like Valentine’s Day or Anniversaries ) or those days when you want to treat yourself just because.
These mini tarts are super easy to make and so adorable! To finish them off, I added whipped cream and a sprinkle of edible glitter hearts. My daughters loved the sugar hearts so much and were looking for ways to use the tiny heart cookie cutter. Slices of strawberries were perfect base for the tiny decorations. And you can add them to your morning breakfast any day for a cheerful start! Originally, I saw this idea on my friend’s Anne blog. My oldest daughter loved it and we knew we would use it for one of our treats.
The crust recipe I used for these tarts is incredibly easy to make and it comes together in the food processor. It’s not a roll-out kind of crust. More like pat-into-pan crust. But it’s very forgiving and easy to work with and after an hour of chilling it’s not too sticky to work it with your hands.
I’ve already stated my love for chocolate ganache during this event, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see it here again. It’s so rich and melts in your mouth! And it couldn’t be easier to make. Next time I make these, I might whip the ganache before filling the tart shells. It would be mousse-like and much lighter that way.
I was looking forward to using these edible glitter hearts. It adds a little sparkle and a little bit of fancy to these tarts.
I used my new mini tart pans with removable bottoms. I recommend getting them, if you are a fan of mini desserts or tarts for that matter. They are non-stick and removing the tart shells from the pans is a breeze. They just slip out of them!
This recipe makes 3 tarts. I used Jamie’s from My Baking Addiction recipe for the crust and divided it.
Yields 3 mini tarts
Mini tarts that are easy to make and decadent in taste.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
3 hrTotal Time
- for the crust:
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- for ganache filling:
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In food processor, blend together butter and powdered sugar until it comes together. Add yolk and vanilla and blend again. Add dry ingredients and blend until all well combined. Transfer the dough onto a parchment paper sheet , fold and flatten into a disk. Chill at least 1 hr.
- Divide among tartlette pans and pat into the bottom and up the sides of your pans. Prick the bottom with fork. Place tart pans on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Make ganache: place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat up the cream, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan. Pour over chocolate and let sit for at least 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into cooled tarts shells. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream and strawberry hearts. Serve.