Welcome to day six
of our Valentine’s Day Celebration event
! Today I have another sweet guest poster for you. Meet Carrie from Bakeaholic Mama
! She made the most adorable little treats
that will make you run to the kitchen to whip them up! Besides, we are talking sprinkles
and that’s always fun!
Carrie and I met when I entered her giveaway for Biscoff last year. You know, the addicting cookie butter? Yeah. So I won and since then I blame Carrie for this addiction Carrie is a busy mom to four cute kiddos. She loves to bake and makes the most amazing mac and cheese variations you can think of.
I asked Carrie few questions and here is what she said…
1. I started blogging because….. I desperately needed a hobby and some adult interaction! I am a stay at home mom and at the time I had two boys under the age of 4 and was in my third trimester with my daughter. I was stuck in the house A LOT that summer. Blogging was a great outlet and a great way to “meet” new friends!
2. My favorite thing I’ve made and shared on my blog is…. Oh man… so hard to choose. But I guess I am most proud of myself for tackling macarons. So many people are scared to make them. But they are SO easy! I am totally obsessed with them!
3. Top 3 things on my blog bucket list for this year are…. Sourdough Bread, Swiss Meringue Buttercream, and decorating cakes with fondant.
4. My favorite ingredient to bake/cook with is…. Pumpkin. I am a pumpkin addict! I can not get enough…. I use it year round.
5. My plans for Valentine’s Day are….. *Cringe* Nothing…. I know! How sad are we… my husband and I are seriously like 80 instead of 28. We might buy each other a card and I MIGHT make a special dinner… if the kids leave me alone to do so… and then we will probably fall asleep at 8pm haha.
Carrie made Tart Pops that are perfect for our Valentine’s Day event! Take it away, Carrie!
Pop tarts are a classic kid friendly breakfast treat. As a kid I grew up eating the toaster pastries covered in sprinkles for breakfast almost every single day. No wonder I had cavities as a kid… Now that I am an adult I have realized how simple they are to make yourself. And SO much better tasting. For Valentines Day this year I will be making an adult version for my Husband. To Make them super duper cute I have baked them on a stick and am calling them Tart Pops.
All a pop tart or… tart pop is, is a basic pie crust filled with jam and then covered in glaze. You can use a store bought crust or even make your own. To make them more adult friendly I have used a Red Wine Jelly in the centers paired with chocolate. The perfect treat to start your Valentines Day off with your Sweetie.
Chocolate and Red Wine Tart Pops
Adorable twist on pop tarts!
- 1 batch uncooked pie dough (double crust) store bought or this recipe for buttermilk pie crust
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Jelly (or your favorite flavor)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp coco powder
- a few drops of cream
- On a lightly floured surface roll both pieces of your pie crust out to be about 1/4-1/8 of an inch thick. Using a sharp knife or pastry cutter cut 2-2/12 inch rectangles.
- In the center of half of your rectangles place about 1 tsp of jelly and a few chocolate chips. Place a cookie pop stick in the middle. Top with a second piece of pie crust. Crimp shut with a floured fork.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile whisk your powdered sugar and coco powder together. Add a few drops of cream until you have a glaze that coats the back of you spoon.
- Spread glaze on each tart and allow to harden. Decorated with sprinkles.
Copyright 2011-2013 CrunchyCreamySweet.com
Anna, thank you so much for having me guest post!
If you are new to Bakeaholic Mama come check me out on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!
Thanks you so much Carrie for guest posting! These Tart Pops are super cute!!
Come back tomorrow for another fun treat! In the meantime, you can follow our Pinterest board where you will find all the treats from the event!
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Crunchy Creamy Sweet and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.