I think the name says it all. The pictures are the proof. I should just give you the recipe and let you get on with it.
But I can’t. These are so easy and so good and I need to tell you all about it!
You will make them once and you will know the recipe by heart. You can make them in the middle of the night, no need to remember complicated measurements. They are the easiest cookies I have ever made!
Keep this recipe for those moments when the craving for peanut butter chocolate combo strikes!
The dough is very sticky and thick so I let my oldest daughter to place the chocolate chips on top of each cookie, instead of mixing them in. The addition of cocoa powder adds another chocolatey level to this treat, without being overwhelming or taking the spot from the peanut butter.
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Perfect chocolate peanut butter cookies. Thick and chewy and absolutely delicious!
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix together until combined. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment paper or Silpat silicone baking mat lined sheet. Flatten each scoop into 1/2" thick disks. Place few chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake 8 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 30 seconds, then transfer to a wire rack.
It is always recommended to chil the dough for the best chewy cookies. If you are impatient, bake 6 cookies after making the dough, refrigerate the rest. You can also freeze scoops of raw dough and store them in Ziploc bag.
Copyright 2011-2013 CrunchyCreamySweet.com
I used my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, originally from Joy the Baker.
Did I say these are thick and chewy?
I suggest you make these.
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Crunchy Creamy Sweet and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.