I just want to scream to the world about this bread! Can I? Can I?
First of all, WHY THE HECK nobody told me about this bread sooner??
Two, this is so ridiculously easy to make, I still can’t believe it! Check this: 5 ingredients, 50 minutes and a million gazillion possibilities of add ons! WHAT??
Oh, and it’s a no-knead bread. All you (k)need is a bowl and a wooden spoon. Not even a mixer! Combine the ingredients, shape the loaf and bake. Can bread-making get any easier?
Shh, I’ve already made another version. And I used it for something crazy delicious!! So stay tuned.
But let’s get back to this sweet potato version. See, I had one sad lonely sweet potato left. It was begging me to turn it into something mouth-watering.
So…. I grated it.
And then that pile of grated sweet potato was staring at me.
So, I used it to make these. But only half of it. The other half, so brutally separated from the other half, was awaiting it’s fate.
BAM! Sweet potato soda bread.
Reasons why you should make this bread:
- 5 ingredients and no-kneading required for this project
- no yeast means no raising time means no waiting
- 50 minutes separates you from having a freshly baked bread on your counter, not to mention having your house smelling like a bakery ( 10 minutes to mix the ingredients together and 35 to 40 minutes of baking )
- perfect side for soups or pasta during the cold months of Winter that are upon us
- this is a small loaf ( you can get about 10 1/2″ slices out of it ) which means it’s a great size for one meal; don’t we all need recipes like this?
- there is no egg in it for those of you who avoid them, can’t have them or simply run out of them
- sweet potato adds protein so go ahead, have another slice!
- nothing beats homemade bread. Period.
Recipe just slightly adapted from Gourmet Live on Epicurious.