Look! I made a sandwich!!
Okay, so it’s clearly not the first sandwich I ever made but THE FIRST one for the blog. It starts with the best biscuits ever. Fluffy and buttery inside and crispy on the outside. What’s the secret? Love.
You need to be gentle with these babies. Talk to them. Love them. Okay, you don’t need to talk to them, you may get some weird stares from your family…. But, you should definitely smile. Smile when you cook. Smile when you bake. It magically spreads and the final product is that much more delicious.
It’s a fact, people! When you have fun in the kitchen, you will appreciate and enjoy what you made even more. And so will the ones you share it with.
If the pictures are not convincing ( and please, forgive the lighting, but the grumpy and cloudy weather makes it quite challenging to take any decent ones ), let me tell you all the reasons why you need to make these biscuits:
- they are so easy to prepare and no special techniques are required, yet they will still taste and look like you spent a ton of time in the kitchen making these
- the sweet potato adds protein so you could actually qualify these as a healthier breakfast idea
- the sweet potato and cheese combo is so delicious, you will want to make them over and over
- you can make them a day ahead and bake in the morning; hot from the oven biscuits ready before the rest of the house is on their feet is a win situation if you ask me; not to mention it makes you look like a super-parent
- brushing the tops with melted butter makes the best and most delicious biscuits ever!
- these babies are great for stuffing with cheese, fried egg and a slice of tomato
Tip for making fried egg for sandwiches: butter a small ramekin and crack the egg into it; place in a microwave and cook for 20 seconds; take it out as soon as you see the egg whites setting – this way you gave the egg a shape; finish cooking on a pan as you would for a fried egg ( sunny side up ); I would not recommend cooking the egg in the microwave for longer than 30 seconds as it may start to burst ( small explosions possible ).
That’s the way to have a breakfast!