When the sun spreads the day’s first rays over the horizon and peaks into our home, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wakes me up. The ready-to-bake scone dough awaits in the fridge. I know it’s going to be a good morning!
Winter mornings are the best for hot coffee and freshly baked scones. Add dark chocolate chunks and you have the perfect start to your day.
Scones are one of my favorite things to bake for breakfast. The dough comes together quickly and easily. There is no kneading required. The fact that I can make it the day before and refrigerate it overnight and then cut and bake while the coffee brews makes them even better.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ oz. ( 3 squares ) dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ c ( 1 stick ) unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- ½ c International Delight Chocolate Caramel Coffee Creamer
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- FOR CREAMER GLAZE:
- ¼ c powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp International Delight Chocolate Caramel Coffee Creamer
- 1 -
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar).
- Add chopped chocolate and butter and cut it in with a pastry blender, until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together creamer and egg until combined.
- Add to dry ingredients and fold in gently, until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Invert the dough onto a parchment paper lined counter top and gently shape into a 2" thick disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour.
- The next day, let the dough rest on the counter for at least 15 minutes, while the oven preheats to 425 degrees F.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into triangles. Place triangles on parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with egg white.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes, or until golden on top. Let cool on sheet for few minutes and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze: whisk together powdered sugar and creamer to drizzled consistency. Pour over cooled scones.
Did I get you in the mood for scones studded with chocolate chunks? How about a hot cup of coffee with Chocolate Caramel Coffee Creamer from International Delight? They are best buds in my kitchen.
International Delight is making this holiday season even sweeter by donating 50 cents to Coats for Kids for every UPC code registered. The goal is to raise $100,000. We can help them get there! If you visit ID’s Share you Delight Facebook app you can print out a $1 off coupon and enjoy the International Delight coffee creamer this holiday season.
The International Delight Facebook page shares coupon savings and a chance to share your delight this holiday season.
How do you like to start your morning?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.