First episode of the new series!! I am so excited that it’s here and I can finally share it with you. Mondays will be sweet again. I think it’s good to start the week off right and what better way than do it with chocolate?
What I did not expect is how much we will love these brownies! It will be hard to top them off. They have everything we are looking for in the best brownies: crunchy top and fudgy gooey center. And they taste absolutely divine!
Just like the name says: absolute best!
Few notes on the recipe:
- As soon as I pulled them out of the oven, I was dancing in my kitchen! If you follow me on Twitter, you saw my tweets The top looked exactly how I wanted it to look like. Crackly! Crunchy! It was like a golden gate to heaven….
- …. a ooey gooey fudgy heaven! The center is so chocolatey, it melts in your mouth!
- You really need to let these babies cool completely before cutting or you won’t get nice squares. But then, hey, I won’t judge you if you just dig in and eat them straight out of the pan. Just let them cool at least a little bit – you can enjoy these brownies with a burned tongue… Just sayin’…
- The original recipe calls for whisking the batter vigorously by hand. I usually hold my baby on my hip when I’m in the kitchen so I poured the batter into my KitchenAid‘s bowl and let my turquoise beauty do the job. And it worked great!
- You can add nuts to these brownies, but I don’t like nuts in mine so I skipped this step. But apparently, this recipe is great for add-ins, so you can go with your likings.
- So what’s with the name? David Lebovitz shared a recipe he got from Robert Steinberg, an American physician who was also a co-founder of Scharffen Berger chocolate. Can you imagine a better source for a truly decadent treat?
Have you tried this recipe? What’s your favorite brownie recipe?