I am ending this week of Father’s Day recipes with a HUGE BANG!
Today I am guest posting on A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis! Do I even have to say what an absolute honor it is for me? Didn’t think so.
Such a special occasion requires a special dessert.
I made cheesecake.
With chocolate. Duh.
It’s no bake, just in case you would like to make it this Summer. And you will! Trust me.
- 7 oz. crushed Biscoff cookies
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ c unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3¾ oz. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5¼ oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5¼ oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ pint whipping cream
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, cocoa powder and butter. Stir until all combined. Press firmly onto the bottom of a springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute, until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat again. Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Let cool slightly. With your mixer on slow speed, add the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture, pouring slowly.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in gently to chocolate and cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- When the cheesecake is set, run a sharp knife around the edge to loosen from the pan. Gently open the latch and release the cheesecake.
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder and garnish.
Please, head on over to Chef Dennis’ site to check out my post! I hope you will enjoy it!
Have a fabulous weekend!